Introducing our new ISO certification
25th February, 2022
It has been a big week for Waste Knot Energy after news that our new ISO certificates have arrived.
We are proud to announce our integrated UKAS-accredited system certification for ISO 9001 quality management, ISO 14001 environmental management and ISO 45001 health and safety management.
ISO is an international set of standards that help organisations across the world ensure they meet customer and other stakeholder needs when providing products or services, including statutory and regulatory requirements.
The certificates give customers confidence that high standards are being set and met by the business they deal with – and that an organisation has developed, maintains, and continuously improves, its business processes.
All three of our new ISO certificates relate to the management and operation of our pellet manufacturing facilities.
These alternative fuel pellets, derived from non-recyclable waste, will be produced at our Port of Middlesbrough plant on Teesside.
The pellets enable large-scale energy users to significantly reduce their energy costs whilst simultaneously reducing carbon emissions and waste going to landfill.
As a business we also benefit in many ways from our new integrated business management system (BMS), which is at the heart of ISO certification.
It strengthens our place in the pellet manufacturing market by aligning our finances with sustainability goals and helps provide pellets to a consistent quality that meets international standards.
This is a crucial selling point for customers in the UK and across the world.
Other benefits include:
- Better communication and understanding of our customers and everyone who works with or for us.
- Practice of risk-based thinking that leads to a clear understanding of all our business risks and opportunities including health, safety, quality and environmental issues.
- Continual improvement of our business and working practices.
- Fulfilment of legal requirements.
- Setting and achieving health, safety, quality and environmental objectives yearly to hold ourselves to account.
- Protection of our people and the environment.
- Improving our health, safety, and environmental performance.
- Influencing others to improve by using contractors who also work to international standards.
We look forward to working with clients across the world to provide alternative fuel solutions that simultaneously reduce fuel costs and emissions.